Please use this link to sign up for our upcoming information session on Wednesday, January 15, from 5:30-6:30pm.
Prepare your child for a bright future
Your child has remarkable gifts just waiting to be discovered...
If you agree, you've come to the right place!
What if your child
is far more capable
than we could imagine?
you've never seen anything like it.
Your child has their own spark of genius that we believe can be ignited, fed, and used to change the world in a profound way.
Inspiring Challenging Engaging
Inspiring • Challenging • Engaging
Explore your curiosities
Discover your passions
Find a calling
Change the world
Explore your curiosities
Discover your passions
Find a calling
Change the world
Find joy in each day,
be a good friend,
try your best,
and have fun learning!
Discover what you love, build character, develop leadership, and learn real-world skills through hands-on team projects.
Find great joy in learning, in a mixed age close-knit community that upholds the highest standards of excellence.
Build a deep foundational understanding in math, reading & writing
– without gaps –
and move forward without waiting for classmates.
Acton Academy supercharges the learning process. You won't spend your days marching along to a rigid curriculum, instead you'll engage in hands-on projects, set goals, form friendships, problem solve, collaborate, mentor, make difficult decisions, think creatively, persuade audiences, lead mixed-age teams, and create innovative opportunities for the world. The end goal isn’t to simply get a good score on a test, it is to help you discover your passions, grow your unique strengths, and prepare you to one day impact the world in a meaningful way.
What if your child is far more capable than we could imagine?
Well, we believe
Cultivating curiosity, resilience & Grit
We believe that asking questions is far more important than simply providing answers.
We believe in a growth mindset and that true talent comes from effort, hard work and perseverance.
We believe in failing quickly, cheaply and often. We celebrate those who try, fail, then try again.
“And yes, they learn reading, writing, and arithmetic using state-of-the-art, game-based teaching tools that have helped them progress at three times the rate of their public school peers.”
“There are no participation trophies allowed at Acton Academy. Instead, your young learner carries around badges of courage, perseverance and honor etched into their hearts to last a lifetime.”
— An Acton Academy Guide
“Acton Academy is one of the most important education developments in the world.”
Tom Vander Ark, Previous Executive Director of Education, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
“Acton is a truly inspiring and exceptional school.”
Bernard Bull, author of Etale: Education, Innovation, Experimentation
“Acton Academy is on the leading edge of what it means to give students agency of their own learning.”
Sal Khan, founder of Khan Academy
Who is Acton Academy for?
Acton is for curious & kind children who are ready for a challenging adventure. Grow your greatest gifts, discover your deepest passions, and figure out how you want to make the world better.
“Our daughter loves learning at Acton. She can’t wait to share her day the moment she jumps into the car. I’m so grateful to see a love for learning come back into her eyes.”
“I would never have believed children could learn so much from each other – until I saw it with my own eyes.”
“Our daughter jumped seven grade levels in Math in two years, but there wasn’t any magic to it; just encouragement from her friends and lots of hard work.”
“At the Acton Academy, kids teach themselves and each other, as they respond to a series of challenges offered by adult 'guides'.”
If you're just discovering Acton...
Do your research,
Choosing the right school is an important decision. First discover how Acton Academy is preparing children for a bright future in the 21st century by devouring our website and watching the videos below.
Connect with us!
We’d love to have phone call, FaceTime or video chat with you to answer your questions and learn about your goals for your children.
Please use this link to set a time to connect with us!
We look forward to speaking with you soon!
- Scott & Cally Taylor
$600 "Early bird" Scholarship As a "Thank You" for taking time to learn about Acton Academy, those who complete the three steps before Jan 31 will receive a $600 scholarship towards tuition.
These videos take you on a tour of the founding Acton Academy in Austin, Texas. Acton Academy Brighton operates under the same learning design, curriculum, and philosophies.
Acton Academy Brighton is part of a growing global collaborative network of more than 200 Acton Academies in 30 states and 20 countries. Find out why so many families are bringing Acton Academy to their own communities for their own children.
If you decide to dive deeper, see what a day is like from the students' perspective...
If you love TEDTalks about the forefront of education, enjoy these videos...
Do Schools Kill Creativity? The most watched TedTalk, ever.
What happens when kids are empowered to progress individually?
What if school were re-designed from the ground up?
Your child has genius within and we believe is destined to change the world. Our goal is to inspire them to believe the same in themselves. Take the first step to ignite the spark that will set them on their own hero’s journey.
By an Acton Student. 100% unedited.
74 Top Lessons I Learned at Acton
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” (African proverb)
- You can always do more than you think you can. You set your own limitations.
- Plan every day and every event in advance.
- Schedule out your time according to your top priorities. Don’t spend time doing things that don’t matter.
- Spend a lot of time deciding these priorities. It’s okay if they change every week, as long as they are truly what matters most that week.
- Invest a lot of time in people right away and you will have to spend a lot less time helping them later.
- Keep track of where your time goes each day, week, month, and year. Revisit these numbers and ask yourself if this is how you want to be spending your time.
- Do the hardest task first thing in the morning.
- Wake up early.
- Stay positive.
- Always persevere.
- Read as many quality books as you can.
- Be honest with yourself and with others.
- If something isn’t working, create a solution.
- Take time off to rest and recover.
- Don’t try to multitask.
- Help those who want to improve; leave behind those who don’t.
- Identify your strongest and weakest traits and practice both every day.
- Keep an open mind.
- Stay organized.
- Keep your workspace clean and neat.
- Finish one project before moving on to a new one.
- It’s better to complete one excellent piece of work than five average pieces of work.
- Stress and deadlines are excellent motivators.
- Never leave work to the last minute.
- Ask yourself if you can be proud of the work you are doing, and if not, work harder.
- Don’t make commitments easily, but when you promise to do something, do it.
- Ask what you can do for someone else, not what they can do for you.
- If you want to learn and grow, you will. If you don’t want to, no one else can make you improve.
- Seek out new experiences, especially those that make you nervous.
- Take time to have fun.
- Practice your passions as often as possible.
- A paycheck should never be your sole motivator for doing work. If it’s the only reason you do your job, you need to rethink your career choice.
- Don’t let school or work take over your life. Leave time for family, friends, rest, and fun.
- Get at least six hours of sleep every night.
- Surround yourself with people who inspire you to improve, not people who tear you down or tell you you’re already perfect.
- It’s better to be the worst player on the best team than the best player on the worst team.
- Instead of complaining, find a solution.
- Clearly identify your beliefs and morals and don’t back down on them.
- Learn how to argue and how to negotiate and when to use each tactic.
- Write handwritten thank-you notes, and as many as possible.
- If you feel demotivated, ask yourself why the task you’re working on matters to you. If you don’t have an answer, stop wasting your time on it. If you do find an answer, you will have found your motivation.
- Hold others to a high standard. Hold yourself to one twice as high.
- Character and attitude are just as important as talent and intelligence.
- Be concise.
- Underpromise and overdeliver.
- No one can ever make you think, feel, or act a certain way. You control your life and yourself. No excuses.
- Think of a challenge as a way to test and improve yourself.
- Spend time building strong relationships with everyone on your team.
- Never waste anyone else’s time.
- Always do your best.
- Your best is better than you think it is.
- Find a way to use your passions to make the world a better place.
- You can do a lot of different things in your life. Don’t choose a single “career path.”
- College might not be worth it.
- Real-world experience is always better than “book learning.”
- Only speak when your comment adds value.
- Arrive early.
- If you see something that needs to be done, do it yourself.
- Ask for what you want.
- Find mentors who care about you.
- Mentor others.
- Treat everyone with respect and kindness.
- Learn to use technology to save time and effort.
- If you make a mistake, admit it.
- No matter how hard it is, say what needs to be said to yourself or others.
- Set your own SMART goals in every area of your life.
- Check your progress on personal and work-related goals at least once a month.
- Always be on the lookout for new processes you can utilize (or create) to improve your school, home, or business.
- Reward the hardest workers instead of punishing those who don’t work hard.
- Let others make the choice to work hard. If they choose to slack off, don’t waste your time trying to convince them to find inner motivation. That’s something they need to find on their own.
- Be grateful.
- Make your own decisions.
- Be yourself.
Your questions are always welcomed! Please feel free to call, text or email us,
Scott & Cally Taylor, Acton Academy Brighton
586-337-9300 or email@example.com
We look forward to connecting with you and your family.
Your questions are always welcomed. Please feel free to call, text or email us,
Scott & Cally Taylor
c: 586-337-9300 or scott@ActonBrighton.com
We look forward to meeting you and your family!